Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Bad Art...

A sculpture made with the pickled head of a dead foetus attached to a seagull's body has fuelled a furore in Switzerland about the boundaries of art.
Gee, do you think? This is disgusting on a whole new level.

I love my country, but when I hear about something like that, and then I read something like this
A man has been convicted of showing video footage of a hostage beheading in Iraq to a woman on his mobile phone.

The District Court in Glasgow heard Subhaan Younis, 23, showed hotel worker Charlotte McClay graphic images of a man having his head sawn off.

Younis, of Baliol Street in the city, was found guilty of committing a breach of the peace by showing explicit video images of the murder.
I sorta wish I lived in the UK. Such a prosecution would result in a first amendment challenge here, though it probably should not. I'd sure like to do the same thing to seagull boy.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory