Wednesday, August 31, 2005

 

May Be Time To Take To The Streets

There are not words to describe how much my heart sunk when I read this post from Assumption of Command. Mustang quotes an NRO piece
Just ask Marine sergeant Marco Martinez, a veteran of Operation Iraqi Freedom and a full-time psychology major at Saddleback College in Mission Viejo, Calif.

"A woman on campus had apparently learned I might be a Marine. When I told her I was, she said, 'You?'e a disgusting human being, and I hope you rot in hell!' "
Mustang, and I for that matter, really had figured that this kind of stuff did go the way of the dinosaur after Vietnam -- alas, no.

Now is the time for us to rise up -- we cannot let things like this stand. Here's the plan. If you are in the Mission Viejo area, find Sergeant Martinez (I have sent an email to the NRO authors to try and find him), send him a card, tell him what a fool the woman who confronted him is, and tell him how much you respect him. Then thank him for his service. Sergeant Martinez, and any soldier anywhere that has received this kind of treatment should receive 20 compliments and statements of support for every insult like this.

If things like this continue to happen, then we may need to organize teasm to visit campuses and listen -- be present to refute this nonesense when it raises its ugly head.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory