Friday, August 26, 2005

 

Not So Great Reading About Iraq

War Service Is Taking Toll on the Self-Employed

This I am finding is the latest anti-war meme -- our military people are overworked/underpaid. They atttempt to cast military service as some sort of indentured servitude.

I just don't get this. People sign up to serve and they know what they are getting themselves into -- it is a voluntary military after all. This kind of stuff just insults them.

Consider this post from Ma Duece Gunner. Back "in country" after some well-deserved R&R he talks about a recent move out of base
"Renegades, this is Renegade 6, follow my move." The truck lurches forward as we pull out of our spot and into line. The dust fills my nostrils as we move; I grip the handles of Mama Deuce for stability... I am back, and it is time to ride. I love this stuff.
Does that sound like he feels underpaid or overworked to you?

Praise the Lord some poeple have bigger values than just the pay check.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory