Friday, September 30, 2005

 

A Guest Blogger On Intelligent Design

A new post from expert guest blogger Davis X. McKenna, Liberal Trade-Spokesperson for the North American Blogger's Congress.

Dave writes:

I'm sad.

I've seen a spate of recent articles on "Intelligent Design". I was about to sit down and write an intellectual argument about how it's a destructive Platonic mistake that the Church has made before; it's one of those ways that "seemeth right to a man" [Proverbs 14:12]. But I stopped. What could I add? Other people way smarter than me have already made the point.

Then I realized what I was feeling was a wave of sadness. The kind of sadness you feel when a friend has been betrayed. Which is odd, because I don't usually think of God as a "friend", at least not in the happy-clappy sense of the word.

But at that moment I sure was having the emotional response.

Dear Fellow Christians,

God is real. He's big, noisy and in-your-face real. He?s obvious to anyone who looks. Science is another word for looking.

Intelligent Design is solo ratione self-stimulation. God's revelation of Himself is sufficient. Looking elsewhere is faithless, disloyal. Christians looking elsewhere is . . .

Sad.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory