Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

This One's For You Ken

Only a basketball score could have brought a bigger smile to my recently deceased friend Ken's face than this
The Colts barely missed their first shutout since 1997, Manning threw two second-half touchdown passes, and Indianapolis cruised past the Baltimore Ravens 24-7 Sunday night.
I could not bring myself to watch the game more than a few minutes at a time, the impulse to call him was just too strong -- I have NEVER watched a Colts game that I did not talk to him, ever.

This article is an homage to him, without even knowing about it.
The American health care system has many problems, but one of them is at once obvious and generally ignored: most doctors and hospitals still work in the buggy-whip era of information technology, dependent on pen, paper and manila folders.
Not Ken -- a founding physcian of Indiana Heart Hospital he was -- the first fully paperless hospital in the world.

Pray for me, I'll get over football, but once we take to the hardwood....

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory