Friday, October 14, 2005

 

I'm At GodBlogCon! - Where Are You?

GodBlogCon God Blog Convention

We are having a grand time, a grand time. Best part is meeting other bloggers and seeing the Holy Spirit present in them. God is alive in this place and I am confident He will use this for the furtherance of His will. How I have no idea, but I have a lot of faith in Him and increasingly in the people here. My head is swimming after but a single lecture from Dr. John Mark Reynolds. So inspiring was John Mark that I woke up early this morning writing several jokes for my presentation a little later....

John Mark lectured on the blogging as restoring the balance between "preserved" and "live" performance. He grouped blogging with other great arts like theater and literature, which means, obviously, that he has never read this blog. The material from the conference will be made available at some future date either as podcasts, or on a CD, so I will leave it to Dr. Reynolds to explain himslef to you then, and I recommend it highly.

But regardless of the brilliance of the speakers, present company excluded, this conference is really about people. Several of us last night were chatting about how self-revelatory a blog should be. One of the comments was that Christ came to transform us, each of us. Christ's image lives in us, are words are but weaker reflection of the reflection of Him that is our lives. How wonderful it is to see that reflection in the faces of people.

The connectivity established here is a beginning, and it is a great one.

BTW, if you are a blogger -- we've been talking about you.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory