Wednesday, October 05, 2005

 

One Of The More Serious Problems Of Our Modern Age

From LiveScience
Women who have children out of wedlock are about 30 percent less likely to get married than childless single women, according to a new study.

When unwed mothers do marry, they are more likely to land husbands who are significantly older and less educated than those of women who don't have children.
Prior to meeting my wife, I had a very serious relationship with a woman that had a child conceived out of wedlock. I remain utterly heartbroken for that child. Her need for a father utterly apparent. Her desire for a father overwhelming. Ending that relationship tore me asunder in ways I never knew possible. The relationship with her mother was one thing, but that kid, on whom I had no claim, is in my prayers daily.

A child's need for a father, particularly a male child, is well documented. Children born out of wedlock have not even the part time dad that children of divorce do and it is so apparent in them.

What troubles me most of all is that you would think the mothering instinct of these women would drive them to desparately seek a father for thier child. But I know from terribly sad experience that the opposite is usually the case, and now this study confirms it.

This is a group of people that needs very serious prayer and maybe even deliberate mission.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory