Thursday, November 10, 2005

 

Don't Make Me Angry - You Wouldn't Like Me When I'm Angry

Sometimes I read the news and just want to kill something. Does that make me a barbarian? No doubt some will think so. Does that make me "unChristian?" Again, I am confident some will make that contention. But frankly, when people blow themselves up in the middle of weddings in Jordan I honestly wish I could bring them back to life long enough to kill them. Then I want to hunt down those that sent them and kill them too.

You cannot negotiate with people like this. They may consider themselves at war, but there are rules to war. Those rules have been carefully devised over centuries. When people are willing to jettison those rules they are more interested in destruction than they are in whatever it is they proport to be fighting for. Such people do not want a solution, they want you dead. Don't know what to do with those that want me dead other than make them dead first.

Here are my prayers for the Jordanian security services. And here are my prayers for our fighting men and women who are doing the necessary to prevent this from happening more.

After thought: Was studying the stoning of Stephen in Acts not long after I wrote this. The question crossed my mind, "Is this terrorism actually a form of persecution, and should we bear it nin the same fashion that Stephen bore his stoning?" Short answer: NO! We are not being persecuted because these are threatened by the strength and truth of our faith -- ah that we were - I know far to few Christians that radically committed to their faith. Rather, we are being terrorized simply becasue we are not them, and becasue they enjoy killing. Big difference.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory