Wednesday, November 23, 2005

 

From The Front

For a little look into the nature of life under deployment, I love this from Firepower Forward.
Hello, my name is Brian, and I have a counting problem. I know, I know, every one tells me that it only makes the time pass more slowly, but I can?t help myself. It started with a simple tear-off calendar and that was depressing because I could see the thick stack of the days remaining in the year as opposed to the paltry few sheets signifying those that had passed. One day though, I realized that the torn off stack was larger than the ones remaining on the calendar, and I started to feel the thrill of counting.
Though never in the military, I have worked overseas several times -- man I know how this feels.

Same Ole' Different Day said this
In a recent AP release Congressman John Murtha quotes, "The soldiers can't speak for themselves. We sent them to war and, by God, we're the ones that have to speak out." I?m not sure, but I think as you are reading this I (an American soldier) am speaking for myself?are you listening Congressman? The United States military is still part of the voting population last time I checked, and the elected officials that I voted for are speaking for me. Murtha also said that he had gotten e-mails from World War II veterans and parents of American soldiers in Iraq, but where are the e-mails from the soldiers who are on the ground in Iraq?could it be because we don?t share his same opinions?
Don't you love it when the horse's mouth shows guys like Murtha to be a horse's, well you know?

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory