Wednesday, November 16, 2005

 

We Are A Sick People Sometimes

Evangelical Outpost looks at the newly developed fetal screening for Down Syndrome and its abortive consequences - liken it, accurately, to eugenics.

I am grateful to Joe for this well thought out and logical post. As someone that got married very late in life, and ran a significant risk of having a child so inflicted, I seem only to react to this news on a visceral level. We never realized that risk because we never have had a child. While we are content with our decisions, there remains in our lives a hole around which we have had to work to find that contentment.

All I can say is this -- anyone that would abort a child based on a fetal diagnosis of Down Syndrome is somehow inhuman. They have no understanding of the value of that which they have. How can people so callously discard something that others would sacrifice just about anything for?

"It's my life," they retort, "I'm not hurting anyone but myself." Wrong, your devauling of that which I so desired and was denied cuts me to the quick. You belittle the desire of my heart. You trivialize the effort I have had to make to be content where I am. You hurt me deeply.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory