Friday, December 02, 2005

 

Let's Make Christmas Merry!

Obligations have required my attendance at "Holiday Parties" over the last few years. I hate it. I walked into the first one and was completely startled -- It was a party, but aside from that I couldn't tell what was going on. In the end it was just another excuse to drink, there was no sense of special to it at all.

Well, to give myself some sense of the season, I made a point of wishing all that I spoke to a "Merry Christmas." Nothing stupid, just a cheery, happy blessing. Boy did I see some raised eyebrows, you'd have thought I just insulted their first born. But there were a lot of others that were really, really grateful someone had the guts to say what they thought. One Jewish friend went out of his way to thank me and asked me to bless the meal.

Well, thanks to Holy Coast I now know that Kevin McCullough is suggesting that I send a Christmas card here:
ACLU
"Wishing You Merry Christmas"
125 Broad Street
18th Floor
New York, NY 10004
What a truly grand idea, truly grand, preferably something that quotes scripture - "For unto us is born this day in the City of David..." Rick even suggests sending them to your local branch -- addresses here -- Let's bless their curmudgeonly souls!

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory