Tuesday, December 20, 2005

 

Make The Holiday Grand

I love to cook well. I love when people sit at my table and 'oh' and 'ah' and rave. I have already started cooking for Christmas. It's alwayd a balancing act, weighing freshness against spending the entire entertaining occassion cooking and serving. Over the years I have learned some techniques to "half-make" some dishes so they do not take so long the day of, but retain the freshness so necessary for fine dining.

I also think this is a great thing to do in church circles. I find little better to get to know the people of God than over a meal, particularly a meal at home. We do a "Table for Six" thing at church four times a year and I have a grand time trying out new stuff on my guests.

That's why this site - Foodieview -- that I got from Adrian Warnock is so much fun. It's easy to use, very diverse, and I know some of the recipes to be superb.

The name turns me off a bit because I have known some UK "foodies" that were real snobs. But then, who cares, I just won't ask them to dinner.

You know, sometimes it's fun to try something new for Christmas....

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory