Monday, December 05, 2005

 

One Thing That Bothers Me

My brother-in-Christ, John at Sheep's Crib, is seriously into end times stuff. He wrote Saturday about Roman Catholic efforts against ecumenism and concluded this way
Prophecy is not something that can be ignored or swept under the narthex carpet; if it was spoken by God then it will take place on His terms and in His time. Some future generation will see a one-world religion and the persecution of all who will not submit.
I tend to not get to worked up about prophetic understanding, particularly when it comes to Daniel's and John's way out dream visions. Christ promises we will never know the time or place. But I would be a liar if I did not tell you that all the talk of globalization creates a little tick inside me somewhere.

Globalization makes a lot of sense economically, but it also creates a lot of opportunity for the kind of mischief seen in the end times prophecies. I don't know what a proper response would be, but I do think we need to be praying about it.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory