Saturday, December 31, 2005

 

Remembering 2005

Seems appropriate this time of year to remember the year past. There are three momentous things that mark this year above all others, that and one person.

Let's start with the person -- my lovely wife. We've been married 10.5 years now, each of them the best year of my life. She has made my life richer, fuller, happier and better by every possible measure. I love you honey.

Thing 1 - this blog. I haven't exactly made huge waves in the blogosphere and I am not exactly drawing in readers like flies. But I have met - some physically and some only in cyber space - many wonderful people. That has made the effort worthwhile. Thanks to all my readers regular and irregular. Special thanks to all those of you that I now call friend.

Thing 2 - our 10th anniverssary Baltic Sea Cruise. I won't bore you with the details I already did that this year. It was a special time of discovery and wonder.

Thing 3 - The death of my friend Ken. The pain is largely gone these 8 months later, but I still feel like I am missing a limb. Life goes on, but it is never the same. We were gonna conquer the world together, just as soon as we got out of college, got his kids grown, had enough money put away to not have to worry about it....

On balance it was a good year, it was most definitely a memorable year.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory