Tuesday, January 24, 2006

 

Are Words Really Necessary?

An old friend and regular correspondant sent me this link yesterday:
Registry offices in the UK are taking down all signs referring to "marriage." The Government has advised regional councils to change sign wording in case gay couples are offended. Homosexual relationships can now be registered as Civil Partnerships, under the UK's new legislation.
Then he added this:

Do you suppose that I might argue that

  1. humans and animals are different only by degree, otherwise they are exactly the same
  2. humans using speech is an assault on my view of the world and an offense to me
  3. I should be able to live my life in peace and freedom without being exposed to any offenses whatsoever
  4. It is society's job to adapt to my needs, and not the other way around because I should not be forced into an unwanted lifestyle.
  5. Word use should be abolished from public areas.

No, that would be silly.

Smart friend, huh?

I can only add this - "Tell me again how allowing same sex 'marriage' doesn't harm what the rest of us are doing?"

Related Tags: , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory