Wednesday, January 25, 2006

 

Right Turn Clyde!

That's a movie reference for the uninitiated, but what I am really talking about are the Canadian elections. The conservatives won - it'll be a minority government, but after 13 years, hey!

Jack Kelly says its all Captain Ed's fault. One voter cast his vote in a most unusual fashion.
An angry man with a grudge against the government ran into a voting station in Atlantic Canada on Monday, grabbed a ballot box and then drove over it with a truck before fleeing, officials said.
Good news that this is, I am not so foolish as to think that this changes everything - but it is a sign that the general liberalization of the last several decades is drawing to a close.

I don't follow Canadian politics all that much, but when I visited there a couple of years ago, I found the liberal viewpoints almost sickeningly intolerable, even compared to my European travels this past year. I am pleased to see some common sense prevail.

Related Tags: , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory