Thursday, February 09, 2006

 

Distasteful And Disrespectful

I am probably a day late and a dollar short with this little bit of commentary, but so be it. Jimmy Carter, Joseph Lowrey, and Bill Clinton were contemptable at Coretta Scott King's funeral. (HT: Michelle Malkin for the links)

This status can be bestowed upon them not because they took shots at things I support - but because they took shots at all. What was accomplished by their remarks? They took the focus of the service from the recently deceased and put it onto themselves, the President, and his policies. They turned Mrs. King from the honorable and accomplished person that she was and reduced her to a soapbox upon which they could stand.

In the end, their actions were not merely political - they were entirely selfish. And this I must say, of the Clintons I expect no better, but of Jimmy Carter - SHAME - utter SHAME. I, mistakenly, voted for Carter in the the first Presidental election I ever voted in - the foolishness of youth combined with the brotherhood of faith. In the interveneing years I had come to view Carter as a loving, if misguided, Christian brother. But I must say, no Christian I know worthy of the label would so dishonor so distinguished an individual by using their memorial service for poltical and personal opportunism. SHAME on Jimmy Carter.

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory