Tuesday, February 28, 2006

 

A New Blogotional Project

A long time ago, I was in the middle of a church switch. It was not a good thing. It was also not the first time I had run afoul of a Christian organization. Out of my frustration a book idea was born. It never got farther than a few pages of notes as I got swept up in other things.

Many years later, I am no longer awash in the emotion that generated the idea, but I find the basic premise of the book still worth exploration. As I look back at much of what I have written on this blog, it is bits and pieces that could fit into that book. And so a new blogging project has been born.

I have started a new blog. It exists mostly as a place to collect posts I write here and organize them into something that may someday be that book.

The thesis is simple - the church and christians are our own worst enemy. We do more harm to the gospel and drive away potential converts than anybody or anything else. We do this mostly by harming our own, in so many ways.

I have not read Barna's lastest yet, but everything I have read about it, the fact that people are leaving the church to be Christians, makes me wonder if he is not touching on some of the same things. I have been sorely tempted at points in my life to seek an individualistic path. Why haven't I? That is what I hope to explore at

How To Be A Christian And Still Go To Church

Cross-posted at How To Be A Christian And Still Go To Church

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory