Monday, February 06, 2006

 

On The Whole Islamic Cartoon Thing

Let's start here - no cartoon, no work of art, is a reason to riot, hurt, or even threaten death.

However, in a nation where the placement of a crucifix in human urine in the name of art is met mostly with a yawn, I have to say that I admire the European Muslim's passion for their faith, if not the expression of that passion. I can only pray that Christians were as passionate about their faith.

The best thing I have seen written on this is at TenNapel.com
Of course, as a Muslim, I find the images offensive and despicable, furthermore, as a reader, I find the cartoons tactless and sensationalist. They are idiotic and merely highlight the unbridled ignorance of the cartoonists about Islam and the Prophet Muhammad. However, their outrageous trash does not provide me enough of an impetus to start threatening people with death. If I want to prove the cartoonists wrong, I have to act calmly and peacefully, all the while making clear my disgust and outrage at the cartoons and the newspaper?s decision to print them.
For a Muslim such as this I am grateful and for Christians I wish such reason and such faith.

Related Tags: , , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory