Friday, February 17, 2006

 

Putting Jesus In A Box

Sheep's Crib has taken a very insightful look at this article. The article is by Rob Borsellino and begins this way
I remember when Jesus Christ was about religion.

That goes back to when he was caring and compassionate all the time, not just during the political campaign season.
John at the Crib responds with this
First, Christianity is not truly a "religion" in the strict sense. Believers in Christ should understand Jesus Himself gave us a definition of Christianity ...

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me." - John 14:6
Amen!

This is a naked attempt to relegate faith to a small corner of the life of individual Christians and to the society in general - to put Jesus into a box and make sure he never leaves it. I cannot think of a sadder way to approach faith.

The power of the gospel, the power of faith, the power of the Church cannot be limited, to try to so limit it is to not truly taste of it at all. Christ did not come so that I could have a nice Sunday - He came so that I might have an abundant life. Life is all of me - my totality, not just some convenient box from which I can withdraw Him when needed.

Faith is not just another set of clothes, it's not a costume. It's not even a lifestyle or a worldview. It's a life - a life in Christ.

Related Tags: , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory