Wednesday, March 22, 2006

 

The Best(?) Of Pravda

Oh, it's been another fine week from the newspaper that dares to call itself "Truth." First we have this story which, when I saw the headline. I did not know if it was about animals, or some of the people I met over there (in the Soviet era, not now)

Russian piglets get ready for pig Olympics

Come on, calling it the "pig olympics" in Pravda speak could just be short hand for "capitalist sporting event"

What do you make of this"

Human nose turns out to be absolutely useless organ which only causes trouble

"Useless?" -- "trouble?" isn't causing trouble a use all it's own?

This next one may be the most important information I have ever encountered

A beheaded body can take 32 steps

If I ever want to behead somebody, I'll be sure an do it within 32 steps of their grave - it'll save me a lot of hassle.

Finally, you know you have struck gold when Pravda prints an op-ed that even they feel the need to disclaim at the end.

The End of Civilization

in which the author has what he described as a "mild epiphany" and concludes
Now, I'm just one person. And I've been closely studying economic, environmental, and energy issues for only a few years. And I'm no expert. Yet I've come to the conclusion - and I don't want to be a "Chicken Little" here - that civilization as we have known it for the last century is doomed.
And here I thought German cinema was the most depressive media I have ever encountered. - SHEESH!

Related Tags: ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory