Tuesday, March 07, 2006

 

From Encouragement - Shame

Scotwise's Monday Encouragement was a list of things Jesus has done for me:

John, of course, has scriptural support for each of these points, and concludes with

WHAT WILL YOU DO FOR JESUS?
John asks a great question, but I was struck as I read his list of how often I spit on these precious gifts. How much I fail to acknowledge them. I think the first thing I need to do for Jesus is simply remember what He has done for me.

It dawns on me that as Christians we are faced with insurmountable debt, but we have no bankruptcy option. We can't repay the debt, but we can't stop trying, for then there is only debtors prison open to us, and that is a place I do not wish to be.

The gospel demands more from us than just agreement.

Related Tags: , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory