Monday, March 20, 2006

 

I Remember Terri

Blogs for Terri is asking for a "blogburst remebering Terri Schiavo (HT: Michelle Malkin)
We invite you to join us for a Blogburst in remembrance of Terri Schiavo beginning March 18th (or earlier). Over the 13 days we are asking our friends to write about Terri's life and death, link to her family's foundation (Terrisfight.org) and affirm the intrinsic dignity of human life.
So many people that I greatly respect think the nation sort of jointly lost it's mind during the great discussion. I disagree, I am only sorry that the energy could not be captured and focused on the essential issue.

I will not hash and rehash all the circumstances and discussions, but I will say this. No one, absent definitive and recorded wishes of the individual in question, should have the power to decide whether another person should live or die - no one. If your marriage is not strong enough to have the necessary discussions and do the necessary paperwork, you're gonna live. This is the one thing I would willingly accept a tax increase to pay for.

We cannot be in a position of deciding whose life is worth living and whose is not - it will rob us of our essential humanity.

Related Tags: ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory