Wednesday, March 15, 2006

 

Revelation!

Cerulean Sanctum said
You know what I would like to hear more often from individuals in our churches? I was wrong.

You know what I want to see written on a comment or post in the Godblogosphere, even once? I was wrong.

If we consider the Godblogosphere to contain some of the brighter people in the Western Church today--and I believe that may very well be true--shouldn't we be seeing more admissions of wrongness? Smart people, by and large, should be acutely aware of when they've made an error. Or at least you would think they would be.
Which caused the iMonk to say at the Tavern
I'm prepared to say I am wrong, that I've failed and that Christ alone makes me right. But I'm going to be careful what group of "Christians" I say that around. It's a dangerous admission.
Which may define the biggest problem facing the church today - that confession is a lost art I have bemoaned many times before on this blog, but I have some understanding of how we got there. That hearing confession has become an opportunity to do the "superiority dance" instead of a granting of grace is beyond my understanding.

We are truly lost when we cannot respond to a a confession with grace.

Related Tags: , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory