Saturday, March 18, 2006

 

Where I Fail

Mark Daniels is doing a great lenten post series on "servanthood." His post last Thursday hit this guy right on the head.
One day, a Gentile woman, one of the Canaanites, historic enemies of God's people in Judea, asked Jesus to cast a demon from her daughter. Up to this point in Matthew's Gospel, where the story is told, no one had expressed such faith in Jesus. Jesus could have ignored the woman. But He could neither ignore her great faith or just as importantly, her great need. Jesus departed from His schedule in order to respond to the woman?s need. (Matthew 15:21-28)

Servants are interruptible.
I do not handle interruptions very well, not well at all. It's at its worst when I am blogging - writing invokes in me a concentration that few other activities do - it takes me a while to "get in the zone" and I don't like leaving it until I am done. That certainly is not in line with the admonition of Paul to "count others as more important than yourself."

Lent is a time of examination both of self and by the Holy Spirit - it is a time when Christ was tried and found holy, and we are tried and found in deparate need of Christ. All I can say is that with this post my friend Mark has been the instrument of The Holy Spirit and examined me and pointed out one place where I desparately need Christ.

Related Tags: , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory