Saturday, April 01, 2006

 

Let's Not Fool Ourselves

"preacher, blogger, or procrastinator" starts a post this way
I think one of the biggest challenges of being a pastor is being there for your parishioners in a way that fulfills their needs, not necessarily our needs.
If there is a single most important discovery that I have made since I left "professional" ministry all those years ago, it's that I was in it "to exercise my gifts" instead of to simply serve my Lord and His people.

But this challenge is not just for pastors - it is for all of us as Christians. Do we seek service for our own sake, or for the sake of those that need the service? Do we seek service we like to do or service that needs doing?

God has so much in store for us and all of it far more wonderful than we can possibly imagine - all we have to do to receive that marvelous blessing is let go of our agendas.

Related Tags: , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory