Monday, April 10, 2006

 

Links And Some 'Splainin'

I've been sharing about the troubles in my own PC(USA). Here is a great link to some revival resources and this declaration is one to whcih I will hold tight. Please pray for my denomination.

This video from FOXNews makes me say only one thing "SHIELDS UP! RED ALERT!"

This link to the WSJ requires subscription, but says more about environmental litigation that a dozen books
For 30 years, judges have sat by as the tort bar flooded courts with phony suits, dragging some 75 companies into Chapter 11. Bankruptcy judges have proved particularly resistant to investigating swindles, fearful of the months such probes would add to already complex proceedings. Yet the past few years have witnessed a reversal. The insurance community, whose deep pockets paid the asbestos bar's ransom, has mounted an aggressive legal campaign to expose fraud. Its cause was bolstered last June when a Texas federal judge, Janis Graham Jack, issued a blistering opinion showing that many law firms responsible for the asbestos mess had subsequently "manufactured" silicosis suits "for money." Under pressure, judges have started allowing some digging into their cases.
This would be funny if it wasn't so sad
Reduced air pollution and increased water evaporation appear to be adding to man-made global warming.

Research presented at a major European science meeting adds to other evidence that cleaner air is letting more solar energy through to the Earth's surface.
It's a trap, no matter what we do, global warming will get worse, and someone will have to pay - see item above.

Finally, file this under too little too late.

Hope over laser 'that melts fat'

Which leads me to where I have been this extended weekend. A couple of years ago I had become a very large man - VERY large. In the past two years I have been working pretty hard to get smaller, losing well over 100 pounds - without the bariatric surgery. Last Thursday, I did; however have some surgery done to remove "leftovers" that occur with that kind of weight lose. Five hours on the sleepy gas, big stuff

Now, before you tell me how truly wonderful I am - I still have some weight to lose, so your prayers and encouragment are welcome, but your congratualtions are best saved for the final completion of this process. That also means, before and after photos will wait until all is said and done.

This has come at a time when I am very busy with work and the recovery means I do not see a fully productive day in my immediate future, so the energy and concentration I can muster will have to be first devoted to income producing activity. Thus blogging is likely to remain sporadic and light for several weeks.

Many thanks to my readers! God Bless.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory