Wednesday, April 19, 2006

 

A Word On My Recovery

Went to see the surgeon yesterday - one of those good news/bad news deals.

The good news is that in general I am healing quite nicely, perhaps even better than expected.

The bad news is that I am a bit of an "oozer." Since my surgery I have had attached to me devices intended to prevent the build up of fluids and therefore the possibility of sepsis, and they have functioned well, too well. They were supposed to come out yesterday, but alas only some did, some remaining for another week.

This is a disappointment in that they are a bit like a leash - they keep me wearing only oversized sweat pants and make bathing an extraordinary chore, thus minimizing my availability for public appearance.

It's not like I am anywhere near ready for a full schedule yet, but this prevents any but the very smallest forays into the light of day and cabin fever is...well, a huge factor in my life at the moment.

I still find that after I work 5-7 hours a day I have not the concentration left for serious blogging, but a walk down the block looking like something other than a homeless person sure would be nice.

Your prayers are appreciated.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory