Friday, May 05, 2006

 

Sin - I Think He Gets It

Adrain Warnock quotes Ligon Duncan on sin and comments
Sin ruins our lives and leaves us a shadow of what God intends us to be. Sin kills. Sin offends God to the point where He cannot bear to look upon it. Sin threatens the very moral fabric of the universe. The seriousness of sin meant that the most loving being in the universe sent His only Son to die a cruel death. That's how serious and ugly the smallest sin is!
We do sin such short shrift these days because we think people don't want to hear about it. I must admit that is a tendency I just don't understand.

Adrian is right about how very serious, dark and ugly the consequences of sin are, but what is truly astounding is that the more we understand that the better the gospel looks. Every time I learn a little more about how truly ugly I am, I learn a little more about how truly wonderful God is for loving me to begin with.

This, of course, does not mean we wallow in sin, but it does mean we need to be honest and straighforward about it. If we are not, we offer a very tepid gospel indeed.

Related Tags: , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory