Friday, August 18, 2006

 

Linkin Time and The Livin' Is Easy

Where the Church of England loses it completely. Using a leaf blower instead of a rake...buying a big car..."flying on holiday"...is a sin?!?!?! Suddenly, the mother church joins the American Episcopals in the theological dumpster. Much of Christianity has officially become ethical nonsense. Door-to-door evangelism has gone the way of the dinosaur (unless you are LDS) buy door-to-door environmental shaming? - This we can manage. we live in a strange, strange world my friends.

Because there are some things your cell phone simply has to do.

I must link to this. I have so few relatives memorialized in public art.

David links to an interesting piece. I'm not sure it's that tongue-in-cheek. You know, God told Tammy Faye Baker her dog needed air conditioning in the doghouse - no really, it's in one of her books.

I want this job - seriously. Think about it - getting paid to guard against something the odds against which are enormous. Won't have to work too hard for this paycheck.

I have been on flights where people "acted odd" - from the Hindu family that tried to lay down on the floor of the galley half way across the Pacific to the gentleman with a copy of the Koran on his tray table - during takeoff - bowing to Mecca and praying out loud I've seen some stuff on aircraft in my life. I, for one, would not mind the detour.

With good reason! There is a certain sympathetic understanding on issues like homosexual ordination, but we DO NOT need to be publishing complete nutters.

Speaking of erzatz theology, it just strike me as a crying shame that such a post should have to be written.

Sobering. Relatedly interesting.

It seems to be religious abnormality day - this is just funny - and this, well, this is somehow frightening.

Somehow, I think this calls for a Hillary Clinton joke.

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory