Wednesday, October 04, 2006

 

The Best Thing A Blogger Can Do!



Look at those dates! - That's pretty soon now. And yet, I have been informed that the registrations for GBC '06 are not going as strongly as hoped. I am forced to wonder why.

It really is bewildering to me - I cannot think of a single blogger I would not like to see there, to meet, to get to know a bit, even the ones I don't agree with much.

I'd especially like to meet all my fellow Presbyterians from the PC(USA) blog ring there!

Have we all become so enthralled by the sound of our own voices that we do not feel the need to get together and figure out how to make this blogging thing fulfill it's enormous potential? Gosh, I hope not. That view robs blogging of power and makes us the pajama clad fools the MSM is fond of painting us as. Are we afraid to look each other in the eye because we have said such nasty things about somebody? Nothing can heal a rif like that like meeting and talking about it. Do we not take our blogging seriously enough to use the time and expense? If last year is any indication - this will be more fun than you thought you could have with a computer.

I cannot think of a reason YOU should not come to GBC. I hope you'll join us.

By the way, yes I am a speaker at the conference, but I ain't getting a thing out of it, no books to sell, no axes to grind - I just want to meet you!

Related Tags: ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory