Sunday, October 15, 2006

 

Liberty Sunday - The Protests Begin - Live Blogging

It's about an hour before the event - and this is the view outside. So far, not too impressive.

UPDATE:  I just took a quick walk through the various protestors.  The crowd as grown over the last half-hour and is amazing in it's diversity.  They are attracting just about every kind of extremist on both sides of the aisle.  I collected one flyer that contnded that Gov. Romney was who was really responsible for gay marriage in Mass.?????

But far and away, the crowd (about 50 at the moment) is of the gay rights = civil rights camp.  Setting aside my religious objections for just a moment, I cannot help but be struck by how this cheapens the important issue of genuine civil rights.  As i just overheard one person say, "I have met former homosexuals, but I can never be a 'former black.'"


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory