Sunday, November 12, 2006

 

Church Going Links

An interview with the author of a book on Francis Schaeffer from teh Reformed Evangelist. I do have to say that the older I get the more impressed I am with Schaeffer. For some reason he did not cut it with me in my younger days, even when I had friends at L'Abri.

The problems with the evangelical cult of personality. (HT: SmartChristian) The cult of personality is a huge problem for the church, but why do they tie it to politically right churches in the last paragraph? If we believe, and I think we do, that good church transcends politics, why take a political shot?

I'm not a sinner, don't tell me otherwise, saying I'm wrong is hate speech. The question for Christians everywhere - is such an attitude the result of being locked into sin, or our lack of grace at explaining it? If the latter, the guy may have a point...

Which rasies the question - is this the correct response?

We are not dealing with nice peope here.

Because no vital organs were involved. I dated a Brazilian woman before I met my lovely wife, trust me on this.

One man's cute fuzzy critter is another man's terrorist.

Found this, It amuzed me:


Dreams and memories. Sadly, I remember the last time all too well, I was an adult, I crossed the continent to watch the game with my best friend who is since deceased. Age brings wisdom, thanksfully, but some of its other characteristics....

Why nerds are fat...Learned this lesson the hard way.

Related Tags: , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory