Saturday, December 30, 2006

 

Comic Art

As we continue to explore lame Spidey villians It is somehwat amazing to me that we encounter this one from the age before heavy merchandizing. It's name, rather uncreatively, is "Big Wheel" I mean, can you think of a reason why something like this would come up other than to make a toy to sell?

The imagery of a singe\le wheeled tank like this is actually quite old and was a big part of comic and sci-fi lore back in WWII, but once we get to the 60's it's nostalgic at best, if not down right insipid.

But I have to say this panel at left cracked me up more than any I have seen for quite a while. Check the lettering - does that look like a little kid saying "Weeeeeeeeeee...." or what? "Gee Mommy, that was fun, can I go again?" Think about it, a ferris wheel loose from it's moorings as bad guy.

Look how unstable this thing is and then think about it. Beat this bad guy by leaving a quarter in the road.

Related Tags: , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory