Sunday, April 01, 2007

 

Great Day At The Airshow Links

Yesterday it was my privilege to attend the Pt. Magu Air Show at Naval Base Ventura. It is rare that the undercard outscores the main event at one of these things, in this case the USAF Thunderbirds, but that's what happened yesterday. It was my privilege to see the aircraft you see here put through its paces - the F22-Raptor. I'm not talking fly-by here - seen those before, I talking "Let me show you what this baby can do."

For the uninitiated, The F-22 is the new king of the air, replacing the F-15 as THE US air supremacy fighter. As the announcer said, the demonstration could not show the real advances in the F-22, like supercruise, stealth, and avionics, but it did feature a maneuver for maneuver challenge with an F-15, each one taking turns coming down the flight line showing their best. What an I say, made the F-15 look like a Model T.

All I could think of were those classic Dirty Harry lines - "Go ahead, make my day." Terrorism is the wave of the future, because with planes like these no one is going to beat us in a classic military fight - NO ONE!

Fascinating.

Looking for that truly unusual vacation?

Obviously, someone was really bored this weekend.

This may be the worst and most obvious pun in history, but it has to be done. This story sucks.

Local Japanese hospital sets record for butts having fallen asleep.

Must visit of the year. Fortunately, my parents live there.

Because, well, meta is kinda cool.

Related Tags: , , , , , , ,

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory