Wednesday, May 30, 2007

 

And God Said WAIT!

I am back home in California for a couple of days, but my heart and the vast majority of my thoughts remain at my parents bedside in Mississippi. I head back Thursday night. I keep telling myself that my parents raised me so I could leave them and that I cannot do them any good if I let me business fail.

My mother leaves the hospital tomorrow for a long trip, accompanied by my sister, via taxi and aircraft to their home in Indiana. She will be staying in a convalescent center. This will enable my sister to continue to move back and forth as my father remains critical. There is also the question of her dementia which has been kicked into serious overdrive by all of this.

My father has not really progressed in the last 36 hours. We are told this happens. His ventilator will move from his mouth to a tracheostomy tomorrow - this is to increase his comfort, they insist he will heal and that the trach is to help that process. This will happen during the 18 hours Thursday that neither my sister or I will be there. Please pray for the doctor's skill.

In 1985 I was myself in a serious auto accident and helpless for several days as the doctors tended to my wounds. There was much pain, and I had no resources of my own for several days, but that was nothing compared to the helplessness I feel watching those I love go through this. I cannot heal them - I cannot make this better - I cannot remove their pain. Even the doctors cannot do those things, all they can do is hold them up while God heals them.

Never have I more wanted a miracle and never has God more plainly said "Look to me and wait."

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory