Monday, June 04, 2007

 

The Deed Is Done

Less than two hours after I posted yesterday, the doctors came. My dad had had an awful night. As I said, the decisions made themselves, but the execution...

I held his hand as he expired and asked God to take care of him. I am so grateful, as I know dad is, that my mother and sister were spared the agony of being there.

My father was much more than just "dad" to me - friend, business partner, confidant. I now feel like that cartoon character that has run off the cliff several strides and just realized it, yet gravity has not taken hold.

My wife and I will connect later today, pray that I can hold gravity at bay until then. I am surrounded here by very loving extended family and I will forever be grateful for and to them - they are God's instruments at this time - but it is now time for home and hearth. To Indianapolis I go to bury my father and set my mother up in a new and single life for the first time in 52 years. She will be close to my sister and that will be great - they need each other.

I currently lack the words to describe how wonderful my father was.

I love you Dad.

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory