Saturday, August 25, 2007

 

Comic Art

OK, I will admit that the char-acter we look at today, Adam War-lock is not really an "Omnipotent" at all. However, his legend is so tightly tied therewith that it seems appropriate to look at him in this series. Adam Warlock first sprang to my attention through following the exploits of The High Evolutionary, but he did have appearances, and definitely has legend that pre-dates such.

Adam Warlock is a space-fairing hero, and his legend is so messed up that I'll let you follow the links to dope it all out.

It is his appearance that I find so appealing. The orange/golden skin, the blond hair, the chest-bolt stolen straight from Captain Marvel - He just looks good. His first appearance under the name Adam Warlock was in "Marvel Premiere" comics and it featured a cover that looked very much like the first cover shown above. (I could not find an image of that cover, save too small to appreciate, and my copy is to fragile to dig out and scan.) That cover hooked me from the get-go.

Like the Silver Surfer (whose success I have to believe influenced the creation and look of this character) this guy just looks fantastic, particularly in space. His latest incarnation features a lot of blue in his costume and much less skin - a mistake in my mind, now he blends with space instead of stands out like a shining beacon on light in the dark vastness.

Adam Warlock stories are a bit dense and not always great, but who cares? Just read 'em and look at the pictures. It's worth it.


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory