Saturday, October 27, 2007

 

Comic Art

You know, one of the more amazing things about comics is the variation, given a basic design. that the artist can do in the depiction of a single character. You would think, for example that given the utility belt, the earred cowl, the cape and the chest symbol, Batman would get pretty artistically boring. BUT LOOK AT THIS!

Now whoever did that web site put in enormous energy and resources - far beyond what I have available, but I love the idea so I am going to start a new every-other-week series here. I am just going to present several artistically different depictions of a given character, with little or no comment. I will credit the artist if I can, but there is a lot of unsigned fan art out there and if it is good, I want to show it.

I am going to call this "Heroes and Artists"

I hope through this series you will come to appreciate that comics offer real, serious art. We'll start with Batman since it's easy.

Bob Kane, Batman's creator

Neal Adams

Frank Miller, Klaus Jansen, Lynn Varley

Simon Bisley

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory