Friday, July 18, 2008

 

Goofy Stuff From The Road

Well, it is more or less Saturday and I would usually post about comic books, and this is the weekend there in the good ol' USA that the new Batflick opens. But here I sit in Italy, no Batflick for a couple of weeks, and too lazy to write a regular post (ah vacation!) but I ran across this gem at MSNBC:

Seven superpowers destined for the masses

I was initially disappointed sine they are just "new tech" stories that have something in common with what superheroes have done, but look awful and involve no spandex whatsoever. But then, spandex really is the only thing standing in the way, well, that and a decided absence of super-villains.

Random, semi-serious thought on visiting the Vatican...

I have visited a lot of big, old churches in my day and to some extent they are all about "power projection," but in all of them, until yesterday, I have managed to find some sense of awe, some sense of God at work. Yet for some reason, I could find none of that yesterday. My reactions were the same as if I was visiting the seat of government power, not a holy place.

Talk about what happens when you mix religion and politics the wrong way...

Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory