Saturday, August 23, 2008

 

Comic Art

Because, well, every good senior-in-charge, all-father type, in this case Odin, needs a nemesis of equal power - we have the Ice Giant Ymir. As the Marvel Universe Directory says:
he tends to focus all of his energies towards destruction and little else.
Makes "Hulk Smash" look quaint, does it not?

I must comment that Ymir is one of the least attractively rendered comic characters I know of. By that I do not mean the art is bad, I just mean - What is an ice giant supposed to look like that would be interesting? I mean the guy is a large walking undefrosted refrigerator. (If you are old enough to remember when refrigierators were not "frost-free."

Come to think of it - X-Men's "Iceman" kind of suffers from the same problem.

Ymir is; however, a most worthy adversary for not just Odin and the denizens of Asgard, but for the likes of the Avengers.

Nonetheless, I could not find any Kirby rendering of this character - What does that tell you?

Technorati Tags:, , , , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory