Wednesday, September 03, 2008

 

On Display

Rebecca quotes J.I. Packer:
The preacher’s task, in other words, is to display Christ, to explain man’s need of him, his sufficiency to save, and his offer of himself in the promises as Savior to all who truly turn to him; and to show as fully as he can how these truths apply to the congregation before for him.[emphasis added]
Can one "display" with pure words? Preaching is important, but is it sufficient?

If I describe for you here, even at great length and with far more mastery of the English language than I actually have, the Mona Lisa, can I be said to have displayed it?

So I ask you - is preaching enough?

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory