Friday, February 13, 2009

 

Friday Humor

So, I am looking through my joke file for something to put here and ran into this one:
I rear-ended a car this morning.

So there we are alongside the road and slowly the driver gets out of the car . . . and you know how you just-get-sooo-stressed and life-stuff seems to get funny?

Yeah, well, I could NOT believe it . . . he was a DWARF!

He storms over to my car, looks up at me and says, 'I AM NOT HAPPY!'

So, I look down at him and say, 'Well, which one ARE you then?'

. . . and that's when the fight started . .
Cute, but not really a belly laugh, so I go over to YouTube and search "dwarf" for supplemental or better material and up came a million hits for the BBC show "Red Dwarf." And then this post turns into a recommendation. Red Dwarf, for lack of a better way to describe it, is a sci-fi sitcom. It started out as a pretty formulaic "Odd Couple" set in a space ship, but over the years it took on more of the forms of genuine sci-fi while retaining its humor. In fact it notched up the humor as it went along. It is one the most creative and funniest shows ever produced, and has barely ever made a dent in the US markets. (PBS ran some episodes for a while, but they never seemed to catch on.)

Anyway, YouTube has full episodes serialized (I doubt that such is legal, but...) and it is all available on DVD. My wife and I have watched through all the seasons courtesy Netflix. I highly recommend it. As a part of the recommendation, I link you a few outtakes (embedding disabled), which are funny even if you don't know the characters. But when you get there, check out some episodes and then get the DVD's - you will not regret it.

Technorati Tags:, , ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator

|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory