Wednesday, December 16, 2009

 

Christians Don't Do Virtual

The discussion of trying to have church on the Internet jut keep rolling along. There is a lot to discuss - psychology, sacraments, accountability, credentialing - I could go on. It's been discussed everywhere, but one of the takes I like best is Bob Hyatt at Out of Ur. I like it becasue the title says just about everything that needs to be said:
There Is NO Virtual Church
The Internet is an amazing tool, but church it's not.

We spend a lot of time talking about what are the "essentials" of the faith. Well, I for one cannot think of much that is more essential than the Incarnation. If God had to incarnate, then I am pretty sure we need to as well. If not, we are reduced to the same legalistic mumbo-jumbo that Christ supposedly overcame.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory