Thursday, May 27, 2010

 

Be Righteous

I am no biblical languages scholar, but I am concerned about limited views of what it means to be a Christian. Whether it be belief without consequence or ethics without belief, I think we need to come to appreciate that being a Christian is something that encompasses us completely - on every level, in our totality. So with that in mind I recommend this essay reprinted by Ben Witherington:
Ever since the "new perspective" issued a challenge to Reformed theology, Paul's dikaiosune language has been at the center of a stormy debate. Though I am not naïve enough to think that I can solve the debate in this essay, I do hope to demonstrate the truth of one simple conclusion: when Paul speaks of righteousness in 2 Corinthians, ethical behavior is never far from his mind.
Read the whole thing.

Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory