Wednesday, September 08, 2010

 

As Wrong As It Gets

Check out this video. (HT: Gateway Pundit)

The pictures at left are are shared purely to confirm my bona fides on weight loss. This is a travesty! Lets set aside just for a moment the blatant hypocrisy of the current administration which is the real point of the video, and let's set aside for a moment the sheer abrogation of personal freedom involved in this and look at one issue - the prescribing of medications TO CHILDREN for weight control. These are not meds to be trifled with - these are dangerous meds with many side effects and prone to abuse.

Not to mention they are only minimally effective. If there were weight loss meds that really worked, why would we need gastric bypass surgery? You catch my drift? These are mood altering drugs! Giving such drugs to children that do not have a gross problem, a problem that cannot be addressed with behavioral modification, is to permanently stunt a child, emotionally and likely physically - it is to create in them a life long dependency.

Is there an obesity problem in this nation? Hell yes, but this is no way to deal with it. Freedom means the freedom to make mistakes as well as do things right. I made a mistake once - I allowed myself to become morbidly obese. But I also fixed the mistake, and I did it without dependency on drugs pouring forth from the government teat. My mind is clear and my soul is my own.

And God bless anybody else that wants the same thing.

Technorati Tags:
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory