Thursday, December 30, 2010

 

"I Was Wrong"

MMI links to a post by Perry Noble on why pastors refust to admit they are wrong. Says MMI:
I've been in the church world nearly all my life, and I have to say that I've seen many pastors that fall into this trap. For some reason, they just can't admit that they are wrong. Ever.
Man oh man can I agree with that statement. I think much of it has to do with the very worldly dictum, "Don't apologize, it makes you look weak" and leaders don't think they should look weak. But here is the thing - Christian leadership is an ENTIRELY different animal.

Our ultimate leader was, in a very real sense, the ultimate weakling. Despite having the power to prevent it, He allowed His own crucifixion!

As Christians, confession lies at the very heart of who we are. Truly transformative faith begins by admitting we need to change - which means we have to admit when we were wrong.

Is it any wonder the church is where it is today when its leadership does not model the very heart of the faith.

I think that if pastors everywhere followed this simple admonition the world would be changed in ways we cannot fully imagine.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory