Friday, June 24, 2011

 

Pulling...

Sarah Flashing, young evangelical writes of a recent Lenten visit to a highly liturgical church:
The richness of Lent and the Anglican liturgy was unmistakably rich, offering an opportunity for a deliberate reverence that was impossible to not be fully engaged in. I’m inspired to a new way of embracing my faith as I return to my life this week and to church on Sunday…with another perspective on worship and sacrifice. [emphasis added]
"Impossible to not be fully engaged in," is I believe the entire point.

Church exists to draw us to God, not God to us (Thankfully, He is already here.) It should be something that engages us and pulls us forward, not something that we passively consume.

It warms me to hear this from the young set - it gives me hope.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory