Friday, November 18, 2011

 

How does God Touch You?

Dave Bish, working his way through Song of Solomon asks:
What does a Christianity centred upon a lover look like?
OK, I get Dave's point, but in a world that has such a perverted view of what it means to be a lover, I think the question is pretty loaded. People come with so much stuff loaded on the idea of "lover" that I am not sure this is a good way to go.

Bish's analysis stays away from all sensual aspects of the Song and what it means to be a "lover," but is that even possible in our sex saturates cultures?

I also disagree with the fact that we have completed strayed away from this. There is a lot of "bride of Christ" talk in the New Testament. The Song of Solomon is not so much being suppressed as is the Old Testament generally. And if I am going to try and dive into the Old Testament, I am going to look for aspects of it that balance my view of God, not fuzzy it up, nor reinforce a New Testament only view.

Technorati Tags:,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory