Thursday, December 29, 2011

 

Dealing With Scripture and Knowledge

Desiring God quotes John Owen:
Men profess to know the truth; but they know it not in its proper order, in its harmony in use. It leads them not to Christ, and brings not Christ unto them; and so is lifeless and useless. Hence, oft-times, none are more estranged from the life of God than such as have much notional knowledge of the doctrines of Scripture. For they are all of them useless, and subject to be abused, if they are not improved to form Christ in the soul, and transform the whole person into his likeness and image.
I know this has and often still does apply to me.

Dear God, I pray that your Holy Spirit may not only teach me, but provide me with wisdom and shape me into a man that uses knowledge to benefit not myself, but your Kingdom.

Technorati Tags:, ,
Generated By Technorati Tag Generator


|

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Site Feed

Blogotional

eXTReMe Tracker

Blogarama - The Blog Directory